Improper exchanges of interests are one of the most destructive and challenging problems in the world today. Every year, more than one trillion U.S. dollars of improper profit transactions have brought catastrophic effects to society, such as increasing poverty, eroding public resources, and reducing the quality of public products and services.
The Background of Anti-Bribery Management System
The lack of management and control of anti-bribery by enterprises has caused cost losses to enterprises, and at the same time has brought immeasurable damage to the reputation of enterprises. With the enhancement of global anti-bribery awareness, more and more countries and international organizations and individuals have begun to call for the prevention and management of anti-bribery behaviors. From the perspective of the domestic situation, the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China mentioned that “accepting bribes and offering bribes should be caught together, strengthening the fear of corruption, securing a cage that cannot be corrupted, and enhancing the consciousness of not wanting to be corrupt”, which shows the country’s determination to rectify corruption. Anti-corruption will become a long-term trend globally.
ISO37001 Anti-Bribery Management System
On October 15, 2016, the ISO Organization Project Committee formally formulated and issued the ISO37001 anti-bribery management system standard on the basis of BS 10500. As the first international anti-bribery management system standard, ISO37001 anti-bribery management system aims to help organizations combat bribery risks in their own businesses and their entire global value chain. The anti-bribery management system reduces corporate risks and costs that may be related to bribery by providing a manageable business framework for preventing, detecting and solving bribery.
The ISO37001 anti-bribery management system adopts a series of related measures and control measures including supporting guidance, and stipulates the following requirements:
- Anti-bribery policies and procedures
- Senior leadership, commitment and responsibility
- Oversight of compliance manager or function
- Anti-bribery training
- Risk assessment and due diligence of the project and business partners
- Financial, procurement, commercial and contract control
- Reporting, monitoring, investigation and review
- Corrective actions and continuous improvement
As an anti-bribery compliance management tool, the ISO37001 anti-bribery management system will help organizations prevent, detect and deal with bribery, and whether the bribery is an organizational behavior or an employee or business partner’s representative organization behavior, it is a very flexible tool , It can be used wherever there is a potential risk of corruption.
Applicable objects of ISO37001 anti-bribery management system
The standard requirements are universal and apply to all organizations, no matter what type, scale, and nature of activities, and whether they are public, private or non-profit organizations. The standard is not limited to its application in whole or in part.
ISO37001 anti-bribery management system certification benefits
- Improving the reputation of corporate integrity;
- Reduce business operating costs;
- Help companies gain potential market share;
- Demonstrate corporate social responsibility and embody commitments;
- Improve the sustainability of the organization, increase efficiency and effectiveness;
- Cooperating with CICC and obtaining the ISO37001 anti-bribery management system certificate will help the organization gain recognition from various related parties and improve its reputation. When bidding for international contracts or expanding local new business, the ISO37001 anti-bribery management system certificate issued by CICC is an effective proof of your effective operation of the anti-bribery management system and strong competitive strength.
ISO37001 anti-bribery management system certification conditions
- The enterprise needs to hold valid qualification documents such as the “Business License of Enterprise Legal Person” issued by the administrative department for industry and commerce;
- The applicant shall establish a quality management system within the organization in accordance with the requirements of the internationally valid standards (ISO 37001-2016), and implement it for at least 3 months;
- Complete at least one internal audit and conduct an effective management review;
- During the operation of the management system and within one year before the establishment of the system, no administrative punishment was received by the competent authority.
Certified auditors maintain open communication with you throughout the certification process. We listen to your feedback and discussions in an objective manner. Our auditors will provide you with easy-to-understand audit checklists and worksheets. We understand your business and industry, and work with you to prepare the materials required for the audit to ensure that you are fully prepared. In addition to the daily transparent communication during the audit process, we finally discuss the audit findings, suggestions, and corrective action plans at the final meeting Request etc.
Anti-Bribery management system certification has a rigorous audit process, experienced auditors, and the concept of providing customers with value-added services. At the same time, we strictly follow the certification rules to provide professional and reliable audit certification for companies of all sizes in the supply chain.